How should a foreign applicant apply?
Check out the admission procedure and form of study in the 2020-2021 academic year
1. Choose a specialty and language of instruction. Check out the available specialties.
2. Send documents (active link)
After receiving your documents, an AlmaU specialist will contact you by e-mail to schedule the date and time of the online interview.
3. Take an online interview.
If you have successfully passed the interview and received an Admission Letter, prepare for your study at AlmaU. We recommend you prepare for your departure carefully and as early as possible, because it is often difficult and time consuming to complete all formalities and prepare the necessary documents.
! Taking into account the epidemiological situation in the world and in Kazakhstan, the first semester for foreign applicants will be online.
If circumstances change for the better and the borders of the Republic of Kazakhstan open, use the checklist below to prepare for departure. It will help you throughout the various stages of your planning and packing to arrive in Kazakhstan.
- Get a passport valid during your stay in Kazakhstan (it is recommended that the validity of your passport exceeds the period of your intended stay in Kazakhstan for at least 6 months);
- Take your visa in the Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Kazakhstan in your country or in an accredited country (don’t forget your visa number);
- Get a written confirmation (from the Bank) that you have sufficient financial support for the entire period of study. You can also need it for visa application;
- Put apostille and legalize the original diploma with its supplement / transcript (you will need it in Kazakhstan to provide as a proof of the previous education). Please, make sure you do it while you are home, because it will be more complicated when you are already in Kazakhstan, and it will save you postage fees;
- Plan your budget (tuition; accommodation, travel, pocket money, meals, entertainment, etc);
- Arrange accommodation in Almaty (flat rent or hostel);
- Book your tickets in advance for arrival in Almaty. When buying tickets, be guided by the fact that studies begin on September 1, 2020, and you must arrive no later than a week before this date.
- Inform the manager of the admission committee the date of your arrival (via e-mail / Whatsapp).
We are waiting for you in Almaty Management University!